Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Friends are Family you Choose {Pearland Texas Family Photographer}

Sometimes in life you meet someone that really touches your life! You don't know at the time how special that person will become to you or how much that friendship will mean one day.  I met Yara when my son was in kindergarten. She was actually my son's kindergarten teacher.  We didn't really become friends, however, until my son was in first grade.  She was expecting her son, John David, at the time and we talked about her pregnancy and I started taking John David's pictures when he was tiny.  Our friendship just blossomed over time and what a wonderful friendship it has become!
Yara's sister, Veronica is a member of the Peace Corps and has been in Benin, Africa for awhile.  She is over there giving of her time selflessly and making a difference in kid's lives.  She is working hard to bring school equipment, supplies and things over to help the under priviledged children that don't get enough support from their own country to become fully educated.  It's not their fault and we are all familar with the living conditions in third world countries.  She is away from her family doing something good for this world we live in an I commend her for that. 
Yara asked me to do a session with her sister while she was here on break from the Peace Corps before Vernonica had to go back.  I was honored and touched to be given this opportunity! These two are very close and I know that they miss one another while they are apart. 

We met down in Kemah for some shots of them together with John David.  I just got around to editing these pictures and they really touched me (again) when looking through them.  You can really feel the love and emotion in these! Maybe it's because I know these girls and maybe it's because Yara is so good about expressing her emotions for her sister, but I really feel the connection and love here.

Thank you, Yara, for allowing me to capture your family! You always let me do my thing and allow me to be creative.  You're my number one supporter, my number one referral source and have become family to me! I don't have a sister biologically, but when I imagine what that would feel like I can only imagine you.  Our relationship means the world to me! And that boy of yours... well, he's my boy too!

I hope you treasure these pictures of you, Veronica and John David for years to come!
Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives! xo 

To follow Veronica's story, please visit her blog and read about all the good she's doing in Africa! You'll be amazed by her stories! She's one tough cookie with a heart of gold and I'm so glad I know her and her family! Click her: Veronica's Blog










No comments:

Post a Comment